Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome to my blog!


Well, here goes! Don't usually do this or have TIME to do this, but I want to have a record of the craziness that is my life. I homeschool, I run the office for Cone Oasis Baptist Camp, I run the KITchen for Cone Oasis, I supervise the housekeeping AND I'm a mom and a wife. Also, my 11 year old son, Judah, has a severe case of ADHD and Aspergers - a form of Autism. I have a condition called Fibromyalgia which causes constant (although different) levels of pain and fatigue. So the sign that says it's a crazy life is true...but it IS our life!
There is some semblance of a schedule for us, but not what most people would call normal. A "normal" day for us is to get up about 10:00 a.m. (IF I can make it up by then), I get Judah his meds, take my meds, get Judah and myself something to eat and then get started on homeschooling. We homeschool (more or less when Judah isn't trying to get out of it!) until about 3:00 p.m. Sometimes it's as late as 5:00 p.m. Then it's dinner and chill out time! Unless...it's Wednesday when Judah has Awana and we have date night! It's also a short homeschool day as I have to travel 30 miles to my chiropractor for my appointment. Or Judah has to travel 30 miles to McAllen once a month for his appointment with his psychiatrist to get his meds redone. Now, I'm going to be going to a pain clinic (luckily only about 15 minutes away) to help deal with my Fibromyalgia. So we have a ton of Dr.'s appointments that interrupt homeschooling. Arrgg!
That's actually our winter schedule. During the winter, the camp has Winter Texans, retired people who come stay in their campers and help us out with construction, sewing quilts to be sent across the border, cleaning, maintaining the grounds...whatever skill they can bring. They're a real blessing to us! We get together with them every Thursday for themed dinner in the cafeteria. We've had Mexican night, Italian night, Christmas dinner and a fish fry. This Thursday is grill out night with hamburgers and hot dogs. They're a blast and what characters! :) Never boring here.
Spring break and summer are going to be a TOTALLY different story! The camp can hold up to 180 at a time aaaaand since I run the kitchen, the operative word is going to be RUN!!! Summer days start early and end late. We're also not going to have interns this summer as we were to late to apply for them, so it's going to be veeerrry interestingh! God always provides tho. He sends us people for a day or a week or a month to help out and they always seem to show up at the busiest times! Thanks Daddy! :) We'll make it, and the nice part is South Padre Island is only 45 minutes away now, not 3 hours! We always take about a week's vacation after the craziness of summer.
Well, so is my first attempt at blogging. Like I said, if you enjoyed it, I'm glad! If you follow us, I'm even gladder (is that a word? And I teach English. Right.) but even if no one does but me, I'll be able to look back and have an account of my crazy family and they'll be able to look back and say "Aren't you glad OUR family isn't like mine was?" LOL! We pray that each one of you (or just us) will have a blessed week and a less crazy life than ours! Hasta proximo!

No comments:

Post a Comment